Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

CEDT - Meet Kim Dellow

Creative Expressions Design Team - Meet the Team

Name: Kim Dellow


We have been really lucky to keep some of our previous Design Team, so you should all be very familiar with Kim and her work as she has been a valued member of the CEDT for quite some time! But for those of you that haven't met Kim before, here is an introduction to Kim and her work:-

Introduce yourself briefly... Hi my name is Kim Dellow and I'm an artist, crafter, blogger living in London, UK. I live with my wonderful partner David in a flat that is fast becoming overrun with arts and craft products! Yikes! I have a paper and fabric fetish but shhh! - It's a secret so don't tell anyone! You can find me on my blog, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/kim.dellow) and on Twitter (@KimDellow).

How did you get into crafting? At heart I think I've always been a bit arty and crafty. I dabbled as a kid, but didn't pursue it until about five years ago when I started making cards as a way to relax. Then I entered the Papercraft Essentials magazine Papercrafter of the Year Competition in 2008, purely on a whim and never expecting to actually win. I did win and am really lucky to still be regularly published in Papercraft Essentials and Simply Cards & Papercraft  now.

How would you describe your style? Erm...I'm a bit of a Jane of all styles, master of none. I like everything from grungy to cute and try my hand at it all. But I think I'm at my happiest when I'm getting messy with colour; and playing with paper, fabric and stitch too. I love creating with recycled packaging and corrugated card.

Where do you draw inspiration from? Got to say it, but everywhere! Like most arty, crafty folk I draw inspiration from any place it strikes. But I firmly believe that you have to put the hours in to make good use of that inspiration!  

What's your favourite technique right now? Playing with watercolour is making me happy at the moment, I'm learning lots about this medium!

What's your favourite colour? I'm a jewel colour person and teal is one of my faves. But I do try to break out of my comfort zone every once in a while to expand my colour combos.

What do you like to snack on whilst crafting? I don't tend to snack. If I do though it would be fruit as we don't really have crisps or biscuits in the flat (they don't last long enough!). 

What do you do when you're not crafting?
Exploring my home town of London or trying out different cuisines, and drinking tea with my feet up.

Tell us a random fact about yourself... I can touch my nose with my tongue and pick pencils up with my toes - too much detail?


What craft tool could you not live without? Scissors!


If your flat was on fire, what's the first thing you would save from your craft room? Yikes! Sewing machine? All my colour making materials? Sketchbooks?! Oh boy!

You can take a peek at more of Kim's stunning creations, including all of her Creative Expressions DT projects, on her bloghere



3 comments:

  1. It's a joy to be creating alongside you Kim . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be continuing to create alongside you xx trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic... looking forward to more of Kim's amazing work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete