Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Meet the Team - Tracey Laughton

This week we have a special Meet the Team post with Creative Expressions resident crafter, Tracey Laughton. Tracey helps test our newest products and produces many of the fantastic cards you see featured on our Create & Craft TV shows. Read on below to find out a little more about Tracey and her crafty style...

1. Introduce yourself briefly...
Hi, I'm Tracey Laughton. Proud Mum to two sons, carer to two little canines and resident crafter at Creative Expressions. 

Tracey Laughton is Creative Expressions resident crafter 

2. How did you get into crafting?
I've always liked to make things and as a child tried sewing, weaving and origami (to name just a few!). Whilst expecting my first child I was forced to have complete bed rest for a few weeks, so to pass the time I got into cross-stitch. This eventually progressed into me discovering paper crafting and stamping.

3. How would you describe your style?
I prefer elegant or pretty designs, rather than distressed or grungy, but I like to try and vary my style.

4. Where do you draw inspiration from?
This is the hardest question to answer. Inspiration can come from anywhere at any time, so I try to always jot ideas down when they come to me. I also follow paper craft blogs, read magazines and go to craft clubs.

5. What's your favourite technique right now?
I enjoy using dies, rubber stamping and paper folding. I'm also really enjoying learning techniques for colouring stamped images with alcohol markers at the moment. 

6. What's your favourite colour?
Pink or purple, but I like lots of colours really. I like to use two or three main colours in a card project and match my embellishments to those.

Tracey's beautiful Dreams card, as featured in the Creative Expressions Project Book Two 


7. What do you like to snack on whilst crafting?
I don't usually snack whilst crafting, but a mug of tea or coffee is always present. 

8. What do you do when you're not crafting?
Fortunately, working for Creative Expressions, I get to craft most of the time. But when I'm not I enjoy sewing and embroidery, walking my dogs, the cinema and spending time with my family. 

9. Tell us a random fact about yourself...
As a child I went to seven different schools. Not because I kept getting expelled, but because we moved around a lot!

10. What craft tool couldn't you live without?
 My Grand Calibur!

11. If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you would save from your craft room?
Definitely my paper stash! You know the stuff I mean: the papers that are "too good to use" and some which would be irreplaceable.


You can see fabulous cards and other makes from Tracey on Creative Expressions live TV shows on Create & Craft and in the Creative Expressions Project Book Two, available now. You can also see Tracey's latest projects on her blog here

11 comments:

  1. Lovely to read more about you Tracey. Look forward to reading more about your project in the project book. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to 'meet' you and read more about you, look forward to seeing your project! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to 'meet' you Tracey! Now I can put a face to all those fab samples I see on the telly!!! Trish xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey - your card is beautiful and so looking forward to seeing more of your work in the Project Book - nice to meet another Grand Caliburohlic like me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to meet you Tracey! Looking forward to seeing all your lovely makes. Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tracey nice to "see" you and the person who makes all the samples x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy, love the card and nice reading about you and look forward to seeing more of your cards. What is you're blog site called please. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. My blog address is www.creativetracey@blogspot.com xx

      Delete
  8. Really nice to read all about you Tracey, so lucky to be working at Creative Expressions too. Oh to craft all day, awesome. Love your card. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to "meet you" Tracey, look forward to seeing your projects in the new book. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete