Pages

Friday 23 November 2012

Meet the Team week seven - Shary Nettleship

Each week in our 'Meet the Team' posts we find out a little more about one member of the Creative Expressions Design Team. This week it's the turn of Shary Nettleship, as we 'meet' her in our penultimate post...

1.Introduce yourself briefly...
My name is Sharon, but Shary in the crafting world, I'm happily married and have four kids. I'm a stay at home mum to my two youngest, who are at primary school, and my two eldest are studying at university. 

2.How did you get into crafting?
I've knitted and cross-stitched in the past, but one day ten years ago I saw a really basic card making case (just a few peel offs, wooden stamps etc). I picked it up and put it back down again.

After a day of shopping and almost getting back into the car, I said to hubby that maybe I should have got it. So he told me to quickly run back and get it. I can't tell you how much that little case has grown and how much it has ended up costing him!

Design Team member Shary Nettleship
3. How would you describe your style?
Hmm that's a hard one... I make cutesy cards but I also like to make altered art projects and getting messy with inks, paints and whatever else I can lay my hands on.

4. Where do you draw inspiration from?
Crafty blogs and magazines.

5. What's your favourite technique right now?
At the moment it's stamping, heat embossing and then going over with Distress Ink to really make the image pop! 

6. What's your favourite colour?
Lilac, especially combined with browns and pinks. All together if I can get away with it!

Shary's latest DT make - 3 beautiful festive ATCs made using the Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Medallion stamp set
7. What do you like to snack on whilst crafting?
I drink loads of tea, but I don't really eat anything whilst crafting. I can't trust myself not to get it everywhere!

8. What do you do when you're not crafting?
Walking our Labrador retriever Milly, spending time with my family and reading on my Kindle.

9. Tell us a random fact about yourself...
I have just moved back to the UK after living in Germany for 11 years.

10. What craft tool couldn't you live without?
Ooh there are lots. But... I think it would be my new Cameo Silhouette!

11. If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you would save from your craft room?
Gotta be my dog and my guinea pigs!!! Milly lays by my feet when I'm crafting and my piggies live in my craft room. 


You can see all of Shary's excellent makes, including her DT pieces, on her blog here. Be sure to check back here next week for our last Meet the Team post, where we'll be getting to know Tracy Evans!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to read more about you Shary, my little pug pup sits on my knee all day if I would let her, she is just like a baby. 11 years in Germany, does that mean you speak fluent German? Enjoy your weekend Shary. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy, no I speak hardly any German, I'm embarassed to say. We lived on a military base so didn't really need to. Thank you enjoy yours too.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shary, lovely to see and read more about you:) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shary - really enjoyed getting to know more about you - so glad you would rescue your pets before the Cameo! thanks for sharing with us
    Hugs from Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to read about you and look forward to seeing more of your work
    Have fun
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lovely Shary! Great to get to know you some more! Kim

    ReplyDelete